Saturday, April 10, 2010

¿Me han extrañado?

Hola compañeros,

My apologies for my long cyber absence. And also for the fact that it's going to continue. I don't actually have much time for an update, because  - believe me - once I sit down to do this thing it's going to be for the loooong haul. The last few weeks have had some fantastic visits, an amazing week in Pujato (in the rural interior of Argentina), a whirlwind weekend in Córdoba, boring boring classes with lots of homeworkuggggggghhhh, and some nerdy socially-conscious excitement as I narrow in on my topic for my independent research project. So...you'll just have to keep waiting, peeps. 

In the meantime, imagine me riding a tractor, visiting Che's childhood home, falling asleep in overnight buses and in class, procrastinating in my room by dancing around to Juanes and Jorge Drexler, or brewing my first mate (!!!).  And since I'm sure you've all had tons of free time since you haven't had to spend hours wading through my wordy escapades, here is a recommendation if you want a little taste of Argentina:

As I'm sure a lot of you know, Argentina won the Oscar for best foreign film for 'El secreto de sus ojos.' I've seen it twice now and it's a truly beautiful film, full of highly aesthetic cinematography, a sweet soundtrack, and a haunting story of the continuing legacy of Argentina's past. I loved it.

Here is the link to the film's website. I realize it's all in Spanish...but you can also Youtube the trailer with English subtitles.


Chau Chau




No comments:

Post a Comment