Sunday, March 14, 2010

Momentos y sentimientos

Right now it's hard to imagine life outside  Buenos Aires. I have fallen in love so completely with this city it's ridiculous. Of course there are things I'm not so thrilled about (por ejemplo how hot and crowded the subte is, the lack of clean air for my poor little country lungs, not to mention the large amount of visible poverty), but at least for now these don't compare with vibrance of life here. There is a fantastic spirit of vitality and history and alternative perspectives that has me completely captivated.

Classes started last week, but the jury is still out. Right now a lot of it is review of concepts I'm already familiar with or just plain busy work...but that could be the resentment-of-this-incursion-of-my-free-time talking. I still haven't come down from the feeling of limitless exploration of the city. Homework? What? Excuse me while I spend the afternoon in a park with thousands of porteños at the benefit concert for Chile. Weekends that start on Wednesday or Thursday night don't really help either.

I don't have any new pictures for this post because I am a complete and utter failure at remembering to bring my camera with me. But I solemnly swear to be better about this next week. And that I am up to no good. 

Besos.


3 comments:

  1. Katherine....I'm addicted....this a fantastic blog!!!! Thank you sooooo much, and you are an amazing writer....just like my daughter!!! Love you, Francie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Katherine....don't need pictures....you paint one as you write! Keep it up for all your fans!!! Love, Francie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Katherine Love,
    Sounds like such amazing city. I wish I could visit. :)

    ReplyDelete